html

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Parties in Abundance

'Tis the season, right? We've had so many fun parties to go to! First there was Whit's friend's annual Christmas party complete with a white elephant exchange, then it was Whit's company party, then a party at his mom's with all of his siblings and their spouses, then one at his dad's for all of the sibling, step-siblings, and their families, then my ward Christmas party (I'm on the activities committee and so Whit got volunteered to help set up and take down and clean up. He is awesome and was a huge help!), then the Fife family party for all of my mum's side of the family, and then the day after Christmas we have the Christensen family party, and then a few days later my friend's annual progressive dinner. It's been so much fun to go back and forth to all of these fun parties and get to spend time with family and friends. It's a wonderful time of year and we've enjoyed every second of it, especially when we get to spend those seconds together! :)


Here are the adults at Whit's Dad's Christmas Party:










They have a Swedish tradition in the Anderson home. Each Christmas they turn off all of the lights, and all of the girl grandkids dress up in white dresses and come down the stairs holding candles and singing the Santa Lucia song. I'm not sure what the origins of the tradition are, but the girls are sure cute and do such a good job singing the song! It's a neat tradition. Aren't they adorable?










My favorite part of the Fife family party was during the white elephant game. Whit opened his present, took it out of the box, and was surprised to find it to be a bottle of self tanner. Not a very practical gift for his complexion, but it sure was great for a laugh! Out of all the people to get that present... :)













My sister Kira offered to make our wedding cake. So she's been busy practicing. She made this lemon cake with a raspberry filling. It was very good and she did a great job decorating it. I practiced cutting it, and didn't do a great job. Luckily, for the real cake we're going to have it be square, and hopefully I will just have to cut off a little bit :)



















Whit talked me into doing a Korean smile. I think mine needs a little work :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to comment again. Let me know if you get it this time! Looks like you two are busy but having fun! Aren't you glad you have a ring to show everyone at your parties? I'm just sayin' - good timing. Merry Christmas and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Katie! I can see your posts now :) Thanks! And by the way, I do love having a pretty ring to show everyone. It's been so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ... the self-tanner - that is toooooo funny - making mental note to bring that to the next family white elephant exchange!!! Sorry you didnt' get the puzzle!!! (or did you???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Korean smile!!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete