html

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I am thankful for...

A great Thanksgiving weekend! We had such a great time visiting family. First we went up to Whit's dad's cabin on Wednesday afternoon. Some of the family was up there and we got to meet his newest little niece. Isn't she precious? I just loved holding her and watching her, she is absolutely beautiful :)
Then we went down to Whit's mom's place for Thanksgiving dinner. Lots of his siblings and their families were there and we had a great time eating, talking, and playing games. Then we headed down to Spanish Fork to spend a few days with my family. We got up bright and early on black friday to go...hiking! It was so much fun :) We drove for 3 hours (which wasn't so much fun since me, Whit, and Mckay were crammed in the back seat of the car) and drove down to Goblin Valley. There is a really fun slot canyon down there called Ding and Dang. I hiked it last year with my parents and Bryce and Dallin. So this year we took Whit and Mckay. The weather was beautiful and it was a lovely hike, and we took lots of fun pictures.

Then Saturday, Whit went to the Utah/BYU game with his friend, while I did a little Christmas shopping with mom and dad. Then that night we all played games, but we were all so tired that we didn't last very long. Sunday it was nice to be able to go to church with mom, and then their stake had a choirside that night that mom and dad sang in. So we went to that and it was a very nice way to feel the Christmas spirit. Later that night we played more games, we taught mom and dad how to play continental rummy. Then for some reason, we started a contest to see who could make the ugliest face.

I'll be the first to admit, we're a little odd, but we had a fun time :) I tried to get a normal picture, but Whit kept practicing his "korean smile." So I guess this is as normal as we get for now!

5 comments:

  1. Brooke, you win the ugliest face contest for sure, but then at the bottom you win for cutest face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig on the "Korean smile"--very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Whit's Korean smile! It looks kind of like Kimiko's "resting face." And that is a pretty bad face your dad made, I'm going to say he ties with you. And that is like the cutest baby ever! At first I thought it was Mayumi but remembered you guys weren't around then, but oh she is cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby is so cute! I hope your little girl looks just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on everything! The email announcing your blog went to an old email address...just found it. You sound happy!!

    ReplyDelete