html

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm getting better at baking!

I've been home alone a lot lately, and so to bide the time I tried making bread yesterday. My mom sent me a new recipe for wheat bread and I gave it a try. And it worked! I'm so excited--I've tried making bread so many times and this time it finally worked. Aren't they pretty?
Last week I made these sugar cookies. We mixed up all the letters, and took them down to my parent's house for Sunday dinner. Some of them fell over in the truck and got a little smashed, oh well! When we got there, my dad ate an "I" right off the bat, so I had to be quick and tell them that the letters spelled out a message. I thought my brothers would like trying to figure out what the message was, but they got bored with it really quick. So my mom went over to give it a try, and she looked at it for a minute and then said "you're having a baby, aren't you?" She is one smart cookie! Ha Ha. She said the pastel colors gave it away. So the news is out, we are having a baby!


So I would say I'm getting to be a good baker don't you think? Cookies one week, bread the next, and a bun in our oven that's growing like crazy :)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Baking- in all it's forms can be tough. Good Job I hope everything is going well. We tried to do a fun announcement with our second baby- We put a shirt on the first one that said "Baby For Sale- see reverse for details" on the front, and on the back it said "I was not consulted and I don't want to share my room, I'm selling the new baby....Offers taken until August 2010" My family didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO excited for you! Wow, I have chills. I can't wait to start buying clothes for you. He or she will be the cutest little thing ever. How are you feeling? Congrats! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! What exciting EXCITING news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks soooo awesome! I am super impressed.
    And congrats once again on the baby. That's the best baking of all

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are SERIOUSLY excited for you guys ... can't wait for this fall! And Brooke, sorry we had you check out the book on disc and then never get it, but we are still on #4 anyway - sheeeeeese - life is hectic right now.

    Anyhow - can I get your bread recipe - I am not a good breadmaker, but hope to become one someday! (cute cookies, too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so exited for you. Hopefully you are feeling well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! You are so sly with how you announced it in this post. When I saw that you had updated your blog, I wondered if you were going to announce the baby. The bread completely threw me off. By the way, please post the bread recipe sometime. It looks so nice and fluffy. My wheat bread is so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke! I am sooo excited for you! I hope that you have been feeling good and have not fallen victim to the morning sickness! I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl! :)
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete