html

Monday, February 18, 2013

Edie's Here!!!


We are so happy to finally have our sweet little girl here!  Edith Jane Anderson was born at 2:37 pm on Monday, February 11.  She weighed 6 lbs 5 oz, and was 18.25" long.  I was induced Monday morning around 8:30 and had a fairly easy labor.  Easy until she was ready to come, and then we found out the doctor wasn't at the hospital!  They told me I couldn't push yet, so I had to hold her in for about 1/2 hour.  That wasn't fun at all.  But once the doctor came, I only had to push about 5 times and there she was!  We had so much fun welcoming her into the world.
Whit's mom Julie came down early that morning to stay at our house with Winston.  Once Edie was born, my mom and sister came down to the hospital and Whit went to go pick up Julie and Winston.  We had a great time visiting and holding little Edie.  Later Whit's parents Jim and Karyn came, and so did Whit's brother Brady and his family.  My dad came after work and everyone oohed and aahed over little Edie.  It was great to feel so much love and support!  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures, but trust me--we had a lovely evening together :)


 Since Edie was born near Valentine's Day, the hospital gave us a special dinner the next night!  Whit went to work that day and I was alone with Edie all day long.  We had a nice day, but Edie sleeps alot (which is wonderful!) so she doesn't make a great conversationalist.  So I was really happy when Whit came back after work and we could sit down to this nice dinner together.  Really, the food wasn't that great, but it was such a lovely thought :)  They even gave us some chocolates and those were absolutely delicious :)  Made up for the bad food!

Getting ready to head home.  Yay!

 Edie came home from the hospital the next morning.  My mom had been staying at our house taking care of Winston.  She stayed the whole week to help me pack and get ready for the move.  I don't know what I would have done without her!

 On Valentine's Day we got Edie dressed up and tried to get some cute pictures.  We love how she has this cute little baby face, and old wrinkly grandma hands!

 Whit's old office was so sweet, they sent a vase of flowers to the hospital to tell us congratulations!  Whit hasn't worked there for 6 month, but he still keeps in touch with his co-workers there.  They are so thoughtful!  Whit got the beautiful roses for me.  The lilies took a few days to open, but they are beautiful as well.  So pretty!  And his new office sent the cookie bouquet to our house.  Everyone has been so nice!


  

 
Winston can be so sneaky!  We have to keep a close eye on him, but overall he has been pretty good around Edie.  I am sure they will grow to be great friends!

 I love Edie's hands.  She does the funniest things with them.



She has been such a great little baby.  She eats well, sleeps well, and is sooooo light to carry around!  She makes Winston seem even heavier than he already was :)  We have loved having her here and are so grateful that everything went well and she is here safe and sound.  We love you Edie!

3 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful! Congratulations. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful babies!! She is gorgeous. I am so happy that she is here safe and sound and healthy. What a cutie pie.

    I am excited to come visit when you feel up to it :) Let me know!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete