html

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 2

Edie was born on Monday, we came home from the hospital Wednesday, and we moved on Saturday!  It was an eventful week.  Whit's parents have graciously offered to let us live in their basement apartment in exchange for Whit's help around the house.  We thought that deal was too good to pass up!  So we found a renter for our townhouse, packed up our things, and moved into their house.  Whit's step-sister and her family are currently living in the basement apartment, and they are remodeling the house that they just bought.  They haven't quite yet finished or moved out, so until that happens we have put all of our stuff in the "bonus room" above the garage.  This is a huge play room that all the grandkids love playing in when they come to visit grandma and grandpa.  So we have all of our stuff in boxes at one end of the room, and we are staying in a couple of bedrooms upstairs for now.  Needless to say, we are looking forward to moving downstairs and being able to unpack!  :)

 Winston is loving having more room to play around and explore.  He has started taking a few steps and every day he gets more adventurous!  Grandma Christensen even taught him how to climb down the stairs so he is quite mobile now.  If only he would go where I ask him to :)

 I spent a few days at my mom and dad's house.  Whit took 4 days off work so he could paint our townhouse and get things ready for the renter to move in.  So I took the kids and headed down south for a visit.  It was so nice--my mom took care of Winston so I could just enjoy holding Edie.  She even let me sleep in, it was so heavenly!  One morning my cousin Kari-lynn brought her kids over and we had breakfast. It was super fun to see her again :)

 I have been awful at taking pictures of Edie.  It's just too hard to try to wrestle Winston and take pictures of her at the same time.  And when Winston is down for a nap, I use that time to shower and feed Edie.  But I did take a couple one morning :)

She is such a great little girl!  She eats and sleeps like a champ and has the cutest smile in the world!  I have taken a few more pictures and some fun videos of her squeaky hiccups, but they are on my phone.  I can't download them to my computer without the cord, and unfortunately it is packed somewhere in a box!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment