html

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

 Thanksgiving morning we braved the cold and bundled up the kids for our neighborhood Turkey Trot.  It was along my regular walking route and it was fun to see so many people out and about.  It was a fun way to start off the day!

 While we were getting the food ready to take to my aunt's, we let the kids watch Bob the Builder on the big screen!  I've been saying this for a long time, but the theater room is almost done!  They just need to come touch up the paint, re-adjust the sound, and move in the furniture.  Hooray!  I am really looking forward to no more construction workers in and out of the place all the time.  Now we'll just have movie-goers :)

We went to my aunt's for Thanksgiving and it was a great time.  Lots of kids running around and lots of visiting.  We are so grateful she lives so close, that was nice not to have to travel very far :)

 One day I asked Winston to put Edie's socks in the dirty clothes.  This is what I found.  He got the room right, just not the dirty clothes bin.  It made me laugh pretty hard.  He's a really obedient kid and I'm so happy about that.  It will be an even better attribute the older he gets, hopefully!

 And here's our house as of last week!  I'm glad they got everything poured before the snow started...

 Friday we went down to Provo to hang out with family.  It was a beautiful day so we took the kids to feed the ducks.  There were so many ducks, it was a little crazy!

 Then we went bowling at BYU.  I had to bowl with my left hand since my right elbow is still hurting me.  It was interesting bowling left handed.  :)

Whit helped Winston bowl a couple of times.  Winston would squat down and watch his ball travel down the lane.  It was really cute.

Saturday was Whit's 40th birthday!!!  His friends took him out for breakfast in the morning, and then his sister Katie came over that evening to watch the kids so we could go out for dinner.  We went to the Mandarin in Bountiful and it was delicious!  Yum.  It was really nice to be out and have a good dinner together.  A very nice birthday treat.  Then we watched the Hunt for Red October in the theater room for as long as I could stay awake.  I made it about halfway through!  I love the movie and haven't seen it in such a long time, it was like watching it for the first time.  But I just get so tired these days, I can't stay awake past 10.  It's pretty ridiculous!  So we'll have to finish the movie another night.  Sorry Whit!

Sunday we enjoyed playing with the kids after church.  

Edie loves watching what Winston does.

And she's starting to follow him.  I'm not kidding, she did this all by herself!

Of course I was standing by, reading to catch her when she fell off

But she didn't she made it all the way to the top, all by herself!

And then she tried to climb up the slide!  She's a mover :)


No comments:

Post a Comment