html

Friday, January 24, 2014

January Happenings

 We go to the house several times a week now :)  This is what it looked like at the beginning of the week, getting all ready to be painted inside.

 and here are the two yahoos, eating a snack together.

 I don't know if you can tell, but Edie knocked over her activity table.  She is getting really good at standing by herself, and she took her first steps this week!!!

 however, she didn't like going out in the snow to get a picture taken.  I was getting stir crazy so I took the kids in the back yard for a few minutes, just to get out of the house.

 After Winston learned he could walk on the snow (he wouldn't at first), he loved running around the yard.  I just held Edie with my lame arm and tried to take pictures with the other hand.  It was quite the spectacle!

 Winston has two therapists that come over to work with him.  The speech therapist comes once a month and tries to get Winston to learn new sounds.  The other one (I'm not sure what she's called but she basically just plays with him for an hour twice a month) tries to get him to stay engaged in one activity for longer than just a minute.  He loved watching the bubbles!  He just sat there fascinated for a few minutes.  It was fun to see his reactions.  Anyways, it's nice to have a little input from the therapists on things I can do to help Winston--now if only I had the energy to follow through!

My parents watched the kiddos on Saturday so Whit and I could go to the temple.  We went to the Provo temple and even though we had a long wait to even sit in the chapel before waiting for our session, we had a really nice time.

and here's the house at the end of the week.  They have started putting the hardiboard on, but they've put the wrong pattern on in some places.  So now they have to take it off and do it again :(  But hopefully it will look nice in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment