html

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sixteen Weeks!

It was another fun filled week at the Anderson home.  Sometimes Whit gets a little stir crazy on the weekends.  He misses being able to go out and do things spontaneously.  Strange how having a baby makes you do a little more planning.  Anyways, I thought it would be fun to surprise him with a night out.  So I called a sweet neighbor and had her watch Winston for a few hours, and Whit and I went across the street to a movie!  What fun.  We saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  My awesome cousin Anika recommended the book to me years ago.  I read it and loved it, but have since forgotten most of the details of the book.  So it was fun to watch the movie and remember what it was all about.  I thought they did a great job with the movie, and it was a good reminder to love those around you.  Family is everything and it’s important to treat them with love.  It was such a good thing for me to remember :)  Anyways, good movie!

Saturday we ran some errands, cleaned up the house a bit, and spent some quality time hanging out with the little guy.
 

 His legs are getting pretty strong, and he likes to practice standing up.


However, he has a bit more trouble sitting up on his own.  When we let go, he just folds in half.  I love how he's just resting his big head on his feet here!  Don't get confused, his feet are what is under his head, and his hands are in socks. :)  He keeps clawing at his head with his nails, and so we try to keep his hands covered.  We've found that socks stay on the best, but strangely they won't stay on his feet.  Go figure!

He thinks he's pretty funny.  He makes us laugh for sure!

We got all bundled up for a walk outside.  Notice how Whit bundles up in a short sleeve shirt and a vest!

Check out those thighs!!!

He's starting to like the bouncer seat that he got from Aunt Katie.  He's still a little wobbley and hasn't quite got the bouncing part down yet, but he'll get there someday.
All ready for bed!  He has been pretty good at sleeping at night for the most part.  He usually wakes up only once during the night now.  I'm loving that.  Except last night--he ate at 6:30, we played, gave him a bath, and put him to bed at 8:30.  I woke up at 2:30 in the morning, and started freaking out because he hadn't woken up yet!  I went in to check on him to make sure he was still breathing.  It had been 8 hours since he ate, and he usually only goes about 6 hours between feedings during the night.  But he was fine, just sleeping away in his room.  But since I was up, I woke him up to feed him so I could go back to bed.  :)  Someday we'll get into a routine that will be the same every night and then we'll both know what to expect, right?  :)

2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to tell you that we used to have a missionary in our ward from Korea. He was over one day and saw your Christmas card and Winston's birth announcement. He said that Winston looks Korean, which I thought would make you happy. He thinks my 1/4 Japanese daughter has big eyes and looks white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That darling boy is such a happy mix of his two perfect parents.
    We love you Win!

    ReplyDelete