html

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Second Anniversary to Us!

I've been having so much fun with my new phone!  My dad is super awesome, and let us tag on to his family plan that he gets through his work at BYU.  So with all of the money will be saving by switching over, we got new smart phones.  I never thought I would want one, but I'm loving it!  Mostly I just love taking pictures and videos of Winston :)

I think he's the cutest ever!

Hard to believe, but May 28th marks two years since we've been married!  It's been so much fun and I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.  I love you Whit!  

To celebrate, Whit took Friday off work and we used my Auntie Jo's super sweet connection at Marriott, and spent the day and night up at Park City.  After we checked into our hotel, we went shopping at the outlets.  I realize my life has drastically changed from two years ago, since the only stores we went to were gymboree, baby gap, and carters!  We got some cute clothes for Winston.

The boys watched some sports on tv for a few minutes when we got back, and then we went to dinner.  We decided to eat in the restaurant at the hotel, since we didn't know how long Winston would last.  He did pretty good at first but then we had to take turns walking around with him while the other one ate.  Not exactly a romantic dinner, but it was fun.  And then we went swimming!

Our room opened directly out onto the patio by the pool.  It was so fun and very convenient!

My sweet co-worker gave us this floaty toy as a baby gift, and I've been so excited to finally get to use it.  It has holes in the bottom for Winston to put his legs through.  The water was a little on the cold side, but he seemed to do ok.

He did even better when we took his legs out of the holes and let him just sit in it!  I love how relaxed he looks.  And I love all of his fat rolls!

After swimming we gave him a bath and got him all ready for bed.  He was so happy, it was a super fun day!

Saturday we got up and checked out of the hotel and went to Main Street.  We found a yummy place for breakfast,


 and Winston stayed asleep the whole meal!  It was awesome.

 We walked around for a few minutes but it was a little on the chilly side, so we didn't stay for long.

 We drove up through Guardsman Pass on the way home.  It was such a beautiful drive and we even got snowed on!  I just love the mountains and I'm so grateful we live close to so many beautiful places.  What a wonderful weekend and such a great way to celebrate our anniversary!


Then on Sunday after church we went down to my parent's house in Spanish Fork.  We played a rousing game of badmitton.  It was fun :)


 Monday morning we went over to the cemetery and listened to the program that the veterans put on.  It was really nice to reflect on all of those that have sacrificed so much on our behalf.

 Then we went to Bryce's grave to hang out for a bit.  It's nice that we can go and remember Bryce and talk about all of the funny things he did.  I will always remember the time he pinned my arms behind my back and ran my face into the wall!  I don't think he expected that to happen!  But I was kind of defenseless without the use of my arms :)  He sure was a tease!

When Winston got tired of sitting, he just folded himself right up :)  He rested like that for awhile, then we packed up and walked back to my parents house and spent the afternoon having a bbq and then going on a lovely bike ride.  It was such a beautiful day and it was fun to be able to spend it with family.  We're so lucky to live so close to everyone.  It was an awesome weekend!

1 comment: