html

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Super fun weekend at the cabin!

 Thanks Jim and Karyn, for letting us go up to your cabin this last weekend!  We had such a wonderful time, as always.  For those that don't know, Jim and Karyn are Whit's parents that are currently serving a mission.  They have been in Lebanon for the past year and just got moved to Jordan to help out with the Syrian refugees there.  We miss them terribly but are so happy for their generosity in letting us use their cabin while they are gone.  We are so lucky to have such awesome parents!!!  :)
I think I need to get Winston a smaller hat, because he looks so cute with one on his little noggin!

MC Hammer go Hammer Yo Hammer!
We took our bikes and got all geared up for a ride up the canyon.  It was a little on the chilly side, so I wore pants over my biking shorts.  Whit taped up the ankles for me, so I wouldn't get caught in my bike.  I thought it was a classy fashion statement too :)

We got all of our bikes ready at the gate and then hit the road!  We biked all the way up the canyon to the end of the paved road.  It was such a beautiful day and a gorgeous place to be.  Coming back down the canyon was FREEZING though!  There was a super cold wind and it just chilled us all to the bone!  So when we got back to the gate, we decided to head back to the cabin.  Whit and Brad kept going though, all the way down to the bottom of the canyon and back.  They said it was a nice ride and not too steep.  I think we'll have to go back when it's warmer and try doing the whole canyon--it's the perfect place to ride!

The whole gang on Sunday morning before church.  We were so glad our friends could come with us--we had so much fun biking together, playing games, and eating the yummy food that Whit made us!

I don't know which I love more about this picture:  Winston's expression, or the fact that his pants are all the way up to his knees and his belly is hanging over his waistband.  He's so funny!

and cute!  I love his smile :)

And here's an old buy goody--Whit was changing Winston's diaper and put his pants back on before realizing he needed to snap the onesie back on.  So he just snapped the onesie over the pants.  Whatever works!

No comments:

Post a Comment