html

Monday, May 21, 2012

 This is Winston trying peas for the first time.  I think he enjoyed them more once he got used to them.  He makes the funniest expressions though!

 Like this one :) 
 Here's a really gummy smile.  No teeth yet.

I love his posture--he must be king of the high chair!  Whit called him King Noah, from the Book of Mormon, since every time we stopped feeding him, he would cry.  So he just sat there on his throne, being fed, like a glutton.  Got to keep feeding those fat rolls!

We did a lot this weekend, but of course we only took pictures of Winston :)  But we went and saw the Avengers on Friday night, finally.  Our neighbors were nice enough to watch Winston and we went to the last matinee of the day, at 5:45.  Everyone had talked about how fantastic the movie is, so I think I had too high of expectations.  I just thought it was one big fight, with some funny one-liners here and there.  Whit really liked it though.  And it was fun to get out together :)

Saturday morning we ran our Stake's 5K.  I tried to be a little fast, but I still feel out of shape.  But I finished in under 30 minutes, which made me happy.  Whit pushed Winston in the stroller and hasn't run since he sprained his ankle in December.  So I was worried he'd have a really hard time.  He insisted on running with the stroller though, so he would have an excuse :)  He finished only 4 minutes after me--he did awesome!  And he only cheated a little bit!  :)  The race ran right past our house, but Whit had to make a pit stop so he ran down our street instead of going to the next one before looping around.  I just thought it was funny that he stopped at our house to go to the bathroom.  You usually can't do that in a race!  :)  After the race we stopped at our church and helped clean a bit, then Whit hung a shelf in our garage and cleaned it out, and then we went to our neighborhood pool party.  Later that night we went over to some friend's house for dinner.  It was a fun and busy day!

And then Sunday was super nice.  We went to church, ate lunch, Winston took a long nap so we got to take a nap too!  Then we went for a walk, played some games, and talked with family.  What a nice day.  I sure do love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment