html

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The happiest and most exciting and unexpected week!

Monday I went in for my first pregnancy check-up. Since I wasn't exactly sure how far along I was, they took me in to get an ultrasound to measure the baby.  I thought I was about 10 or 11 weeks along, but when they got the baby up on the screen the doctor said I was a bit further along, I was 16 weeks along and they could tell the sex of the baby!  He asked if I wanted to know, and I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I should wait until Whit was there.  But I couldn't wait and figured Whit would forgive me, so I found out we were having a girl!!!  So exciting :)  And her due date is February 25.  So when I got home it was all I could do to not call Whit and tell him to come home from work early!  So I kept myself busy by making pink, heart shaped sugar cookies, and I took Winston shopping and we got a couple of outfits for his little sister.  So I laid everything out on the kitchen table by the ultrasound picture.  I didn't say anything to Whit when I picked him up from work, so we got home and he walked into the kitchen and saw everything and got super excited.  It was a fun time.  What a great surprise!

 Winston doesn't look too excited, but we know he is happy on the inside :)

 Then on Saturday we got to go to the Brigham City Temple open house.  Of course this is a special temple for me, since I grew up in Brigham City and have so many happy memories there.  It is so neat to see such a beautiful temple there now!  It's almost as awesome as Winston's pants in this picture, they are almost up to his armpits!

 Whit thinks this picture is funny because it looks like he has a yellow flower earring :)  

Winston did pretty good going through the temple, as always he was fascinated with all of the lights and kept looking up at the ceiling.  By the time we were done and walking back to our car, he was falling asleep.

 He was out as soon as we put him in his car seat.  So much excitement for such a little boy!

I know you can't tell, but in this picture he is smiling because he hears his dad's voice.  Winston is lying on the floor in the living room and Whit is upstairs.  When Whit comes down the stairs he starts talking to him, and Winston just starts smiling.  He sure loves his dad!  :)  

And in other exciting news, Winston's first tooth broke through the skin this week!  Yay!  It still hasn't come all the way up yet, but it is getting so close.  And the one right next to it is just about there too.  Hooray for teeth, the Temple, and baby sisters!!!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Little girls are so fun. I'm super excited for you.

    ReplyDelete