html

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oh happy day!

Edie's first jumping pictures!  :)



 one of these days when I have more time, I'm sure I could have so much fun with these in photoshop!  Just think of all the fun things she could be bounding over, ha ha.

Sunday was Edie's blessing.  It was such a wonderful day!  We had so much family come to show their love and support for her.  What a lucky girl to be born into such an awesome family :)  And we are so lucky to have her sweet spirit in our home.

 All of the kids had fun jumping on the tramp while we were getting the food ready :)  We had a terrible wind storm Saturday night and it was still pretty gusty when we went to church.  Thankfully by the time we got home, it was perfect weather and we were able to have lunch outdoors after all.  Yay!

 My mom made delicious whole wheat and applesauce pumpkin cupcakes.  They were very good!

 We had to recognize the fact that it was cinco de mayo!  So we had a taco/salsa bar and it was delicious :)

 That sassy gal in red is Whit's step-sister Tia, and the guy in the blue shirt is her husband Ryan.  They have an adorable baby girl that is a couple months older than Edie.  She was also blessed that day so we combined forces and had a huge lunch together to celebrate.  It was awesome!

 My sweet cousin Kari-lynn and her family came up for the occasion.  She is so great!

 And this is what Edie did the whole time we were eating and celebrating.  Really!  I kept waiting for her to wake up and she didn't.  She slept for 4 1/2 hours!  She has never taken a nap that long during the day.  Ever!

 Whit gave her such a beautiful blessing.  It really was such a special day.

 And Winston loved every second of it :)

 My sister came up Friday night to help with the kids and to get things ready for the blessing.  While she was here we took some pictures of Edie.  This was a dress of mine that my mom saved for me.  I had my pictures taken in it when I was two months old, so it's fun to put it on Edie for a photo shoot.  I'm trying to get better at photoshop and I'm sure that if I had a bit more time I could tweak these to be really nice.  But this is what you get for now :)





We love you Edie!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, I found your blog from Melanie's blog. I have an 18 month old and a three month old (and a 5.5 year old). Looks like you are enjoying similar adventures and crazy days. We just had Lindsey's blessing this past weekend too.

    Do you still live near me?

    -Kim (Brandon) Tomkinson
    kim.tomkinson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete