html

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

 Monday we had some of our dear friends from our old ward come over.  We had a bbq in the back yard and they took this family picture of us.  My mom said she wanted a current family picture of us for her birthday, and so here it is.  It's hard to get the kids to look at the camera at the same time, but 3 out of 4 people looking isn't too bad I guess!

 Winston has become a great pacifier thief!  It's so funny to see him walking around with them in his mouth, especially since he never liked them before.

 Edie taking one of her cat naps.  She doesn't really sleep for longer than 20 minutes during the day, but she's so cute when she does sleep!

 For Father's Day we went down to my parent's house.  It was their stake conference so we went to hear my dad speak too.  He did a great job, as always :)  We also got to hear Elder Vincent, one of the 70s, and Elder Cook!  It was a great conference.

 Then Whit made a delicious 4 course meal for my mom for her 60th birthday, that just happened to be that same day!

First we had this yummy green apple and fennel salad.  We also had shrimp with cocktail sauce, but I ate that so fast I forgot to take a picture!  

 Then we had this yummy gaspaucho, I have no idea how to spell it but it's a cold soup made from tomatoes and cucumbers.

 The main course was pork chops, green beans, carrots, and potatoes.  All so yummy!  I wish I could eat it all again :)  Whit is such a great cook and he worked so hard to make everything.  Thanks Whit!!!

 Then we looked at slides of our family.  I had lots of baby pictures with me and my mom--many that I don't remember seeing before.  It made me think I needed to take a picture with me and Edie.  I'm usually the one taking the pictures so I don't have a lot with her :)  I should also mention that she had her 4 month checkup this week.  She weighs 15 lbs 12 oz and is 25" long.  She is in the 95% for weight, 85% for height, and 75% for head circumference.  She is growing like a weed and getting bigger every day.  It was good to talk with her doctor and to find out that everything is healthy and as it should be.  She has been crying so much lately that I was beginning to worry that something was wrong.  The doctor said she is just a healthy girl and she isn't afraid of letting us know if she's uncomfortable.  She definitely likes to be heard!

And here we all are before we headed home for the night!  It was a great weekend and it was really nice to spend the day with my family.  I feel bad that I didn't do anything nice for Whit for Father's Day.  I did get him a new shirt and tie, but I feel like that doesn't really express my gratitude to him very well.  Hopefully by next Father's Day I will have a bit more energy and time to do something really sensational.  Because I really do appreciate and love him so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great family picture! How nice to live close to so much family. Love seeing the picture of you and Edie.....both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time and I really appreciated the yummy dinner! Thanks Whit!! and it is Elder Vinson from Australia. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete