html

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cabin Fever!

We got to spend a wonderful weekend up at the cabin.  We are so lucky!!!  Thank you Jim and Karyn, for sharing your cabin with us--we can't wait until you get home and we can visit you there :)

 Don't they look alike? Same expression :)
We drove up to the cabin Friday morning.  On the way there, I saw a sign for Mirror Lake in the Uintahs, and I said to Whit that would be a fun place to go.  I haven't been there in years. When my mum and dad got to the cabin, my mum said she was thinking it would be nice to go to Mirror Lake, since we were so close.  Great minds think alike!

Another twinner photo, Winston and Grandpa both have their eyes closed :)



 We walked around Mirror Lake and then hiked a whole mile to this lake, I can't remember it's name.  But it was pretty.

 Then on our way back, we had to stop for some jumping pictures.  What would a family trip be without them?




 On the drive back to the cabin, we stopped at this pretty waterfall.  I've never been here before and it is beautiful!  I'm so glad we stopped.


 Back at the cabin, Winston was showing off his tongue twisting talents.  He's recently started doing this and it's funny to watch.

 Friday evening when we got back from the Uintahs, we found that the crew working on installing the new water line had accidentally cut our power line.  So we were without power for the evening!  Now that's a true adventure :)  But Rocky Mountain Power was awesome!  They sent a crew up to repair it--at 7:00 on a Friday night--the same time as a BYU football game, they reminded us.  But they worked hard and the power was back on at 11 that night.  Yay!

 Saturday morning we went for a lovely hike to Hidden Lake.  The leaves were so pretty and these pictures don't really do them justice.


 See what I mean?  Such pretty colors!

 Winston fell asleep on the way back and was hanging out of the backpack.  Doesn't look very comfortable to me, but he slept the whole hike back.


He loved playing with this big stuffed dog.  It's about as close to a pet as he'll get, if I have my way :)

Saturday afternoon my parents and sister went back to their homes, and we had a nice quiet family night.  I went down to Marion to watch the Relief Society broadcast (which I loved and practically cried through the whole thing--silly pregnancy hormones!) and then Whit and I started watching a BBC series.  So nice to just be able to relax and enjoy being together!  Sunday we went to church, Whit made a delicious roast, we went on another walk, we cleaned up, and headed back to South Jordan.  It's always hard to leave such a wonderful place!  I could live that weekend over and over again and be perfectly happy!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures of the beautiful fall colors. What a perfect way to spend a fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete