html

Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference weekend is the best!

I absolutely love conference weekend!  I think it's right up there with Thanksgiving and Christmas time.  I love that we get to stay home together and eat yummy food and hang out together as a family.  We even played nertz!  It just doesn't get any better than that.  Not to mention, I love hearing from the prophet and apostles, and I thought this sessions talks were wonderful!  I loved Saturday's sessions, and the focus the speakers put on the family.  I am so grateful to be sealed to such wonderful people--Andersons and Christensens, and especially to my sweetie Whit and darling boy Winston.  I'm so lucky!




If you look closely, you can see a long stream of drool on this one :)  He drools on everything these days!


He gets really tired after being on his belly for awhile, so this day he just gave up and lied down.  I thought it was too cute when he started sucking on his fingers.  He still won't keep a pacifier in his mouth, but I'm glad he can soothe himself by sucking on his hands!


When Whit and I were dating, I went up to his place to watch Saturday's conference sessions.  Before the morning session we made breakfast together--toasted english muffins with canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese.  And huge glasses of orange juice to drink.  We did the same thing this time, and want to make it a conference tradition.  Yum.



Such a serious boy at times!  But he loved hanging out with Grandpa, watching conference.  


Mom and Dad were "listening with their eyes closed."

Sunday my family went to the conference center for the morning session, and then they came to visit us and watch the afternoon session at our place.  I think they were pretty tired by then :)  But we had fun eating, playing nertz, watching conference, google chatting with my brother McKay in China, and playing catch phrase.  We laughed so hard when it was Whit's turn and he grabbed my hand and said, "Brooke and I are..."  My dad shouted out "Best Friends!"  I don't know why, but for some reason that was so funny.  The correct answer was holding hands :)  We had a great time together and I was so sad when it was all over.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I was thinking "Brooke and I are.....Married!" Best friends is cute.
    And I like to hear your parents also listen with their eyes closed. Sunday afternoon session for me everytime. Good thing we have DVR, Ensign, and CD's.

    ReplyDelete